Almost Every Business or Structure Relies on Electric Power
So as different as projects can be in various industries, the basics remain the same – provide efficient, reliable power with security and controls at a minimal cost of operation.
But as energy costs rise, it is important to understand how the right electrical application can help reduce cost and energy efficiencies for each industry. Let’s take a closer look.
- Data Centers - Power and cooling requirements ensure the safety and movement of information that is the heart of today’s data center business. High density computer equipment often exceeds the power and cooling abilities of legacy equipment and the electrical cost of operation falls right to the bottom line. IEM delivers complete solutions with maximum availability and minimal cost of operation through the design and implementation of custom systems to fit data centers of all sizes.
- Telecommunications - As the telecommunications market continues to expand each year, IEM is there to meet the industry’s ever-growing hunger for electrical power generation and distribution. IEM’s flexible solutions make it possible to adapt to challenging applications while providing reliability and safety for key equipment and infrastructure.
- Oil and Gas - The oil and gas and alternative energy industries are rapidly changing as companies seek to meet increasing demand and a diversified infrastructure constantly adds additional cost to the value chain. It is IEM’s goal to play a key role in improving energy performance and operational effectiveness. We have met these challenges on many oil and gas projects and applications. IEM’s recommendations have helped companies make smart and productive power distribution investments to optimize plant performance.
- Alternative Energy - The alternative energy industry is rapidly changing as companies seek to meet increasing demand and a diversified infrastructure constantly adds additional cost to the value chain. It is IEM’s goal to play a key role in improving energy performance and operational effectiveness. We have met these challenges on many alternative energy projects and applications helping utility companies make smart and productive investments for the future.
- Healthcare - IEM strives to bring the healthcare industry the highest quality in electrical distribution products where standards are met and reliability is guaranteed. Hospitals with new construction, or needing electrical upgrades to meet increasing demand, need to work with experienced partners who can build to schedule and provide cost-effective solutions. IEM has years of experience with the critical needs of the health care industry.
- Manufacturing - IEM specializes in providing electrical distribution products and control solutions that help manufacturing, and industrial companies, build their businesses. IEM focuses on providing electrical distribution products and control solutions to help keep industrial equipment and machines fully working at all times.
- Institutions - IEM brings creative power distribution solutions to the established and sometimes outdated infrastructure of institutional buildings in the U.S. and Canada. As student populations grow, new construction is seeking to meet that demand. IEM is providing advanced electrical distribution equipment to power HVAC, lighting, advanced communications and integrated building control solutions – while providing significant energy savings.
- Government - IEM provides municipalities and governmental entities with customized power distribution solutions. IEM government solutions are based on complete compliance, operational reliability, and flexibility for the demands each application requires. IEM has worked with contractors and consultants to deliver custom solutions that maximize power delivery, reduce maintenance expenses, and lower utility bills.
- Transit - IEM focuses on providing electrical distribution products and control solutions to help transit authorities across the country with reliable and efficient power. Our design and manufacturing capabilities make IEM an asset to many companies who need flexible solutions to aid in their success. Whether it’s designing equipment with a smaller footprint or retrofitting outdated equipment, IEM makes it easy to meet the design requirements of any application with minimal impact to lead times. Reliability and safety are just some of the control solutions that IEM strives to achieve.
What does it all mean for you?
It is the very challenges that industry applications present on which IEM thrives – redundant power requiring parallel switchgear; unusual footprints for confined spaces; legacy systems of all types that must be rescued to meet today’s electrical demands; power for critical healthcare facilities in earthquake zones; cooling techniques for jam-packed data centers. IEM has spent decades building a custom design and manufacturing operation to respond to the varying needs of industry.
Let us do the same for you.